These are invisible, custom made, computer generated and fabricated aligners, which are changed every 2 weeks to cause movement of teeth. It involves the use of the latest advances in 3 D computer generated technology by which these aligners are manufactured .Your orthodontist is the best person to evaluate whether your case can be treated by aligner or not in order to avoid any failures. These aligners have to be worn throughout the day except when you eat, brush or floss your teeth
these braces require careful planning and cannot be used for all cases. They work best only in the hands of an expert. These are the best option for non-resident patients or those who cannot visit our centres every six weeks.
1. They are invisible and don’t stain at all.
2. They are easy to clean as compared to conventional braces.
3. A new set of aligners are given every 2 weeks hence the total treatment time of the patient can be assessed before hand.
4. They do not irritate the soft tissues like other braces.
5. Can be removed at any time during treatment, you can eat whatever you want, maintain good oral hygiene, and choose to remove them briefly for special occasions such as weddings or big meetings.
6. Predictable Results Visualization Even Before Treatment Starts
1. Not everyone is a candidate for aligner. They give good results mainly for non-extraction cases where minimal correction is required. 3. In a few cases, they need to be followed up with your conventional braces depending upon the amount of correction required.
2.They cost the same as regular or even lingual braces and the treatment time may also be the same.
3.In a few cases, they need to be followed up with your conventional braces depending upon the amount of correction required.
An appointment is required for impression makin.
Aligners take ~4 weeks to process after impression
Approximate treatment duration with Aligners is 9-18 months depending on complexity of the case.
There will be series of aligners containing 8-16 sets.
Each set (i.e. upper + lower aligner) has to be worn for 2 weeks.
Aligners should be worn all throughout the day and removed only during eating & brushing.